Compaq Alphaservers and FAI

Henning Glawe glaweh at physik.fu-berlin.de
Wed Nov 5 18:16:56 CET 2003

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 08:41:07AM -0400, David Bremner wrote:
> > - which boot loader can be used? Currently only lilo and grub is
> >   supported and tested with i386
> This may be the biggest sticking point.  I am using aboot.  What does
> fai need from a bootloader?
Basically, you can use any bootloader you want. You "just" have to take
care about the setup.

-add the bootloader to package_config/*
-use files/* for configuration, and maybe fcopy's "postinst" support for
 applying the config file (this means, if you take lilo as an example,
 to run "$ROOTCMD lilo" in files/etc/lilo.conf/postinst)

--
c u
henning