dhcp3-client issue

Nick mailist at 3wsi.com
Sun May 25 10:17:51 CEST 2003

Hello,
I wanted to setup fai on my gateway,
so the machines inside LAN ( dhcp method ) can kickstart debian.,
using local debian mirror.

I've setup the fai.conf and run fai-setup,
all seems run well, but it fails during dhcp3-client setup,
the tail of logs are :

------------------------
Automatically converting /etc/network/interfaces succeeded.
Old interfaces file saved as interfaces.dpkg-old.
Creating base.tgz
Upgrading /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot
Adding additional packages to /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot:
dhcp3-client ssh portmap file rdate cfengine cvs bootpc rsync wget
rsh-client less dump reiserfsprogs dpkg-dev ext2resize strace hdparm parted
dnsutils grub ntpdate dosfstools sysutils dialog libdetect0 discover mdetect
read-edid kudzu hwtools
dpkg - warning: while removing dhcp-client, directory `/var/lib/dhcp' not empty so not removed.
Creating SSH2 RSA key
Creating SSH2 DSA key
Restarting OpenBSD Secure Shell server: sshd.
Creating CVS repository in /var/lib/cvs...

Configuration file `/etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf'
 ==> File on system created by you or by a script.
 ==> File also in package provided by package maintainer.
   What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
    Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
    N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
      D     : show the differences between the versions
      Z     : background this process to examine the situation
 The default action is to keep your current version.
*** dhclient.conf (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ?

dpkg: error processing dhcp3-client (--configure):
 EOF on stdin at conffile prompt
 dhcp3-client

Then it returns me to the prompt.
It seems like the configure script can not catch the " I " ?

May I have some suggestion ?

Thx.

Nick.