atlas and ld.so.conf

Eric Nodwell nodwell at physics.ubc.ca
Wed May 21 01:43:05 CEST 2003

The installation of the package atlas2-sse2 packages (and presumably
other alternate atlas packages) fails if /etc/ld.so.conf doesn't
already exist.

I think this is a packaging error with atlas, and I'll submit a Debian
bug.

In the meantime I've added a hook ../hooks/instsoft.DEFAULT :

#! /bin/sh
# This file needs to exist or the installation of atlas2-sse2 barfs.
touch $target/etc/ld.so.conf

Perhaps this should be added to the default FAI installation, since I
don't see it causing any harm, and perhaps there are other packages
with this behaviour.

Eric