need help

Tue May 27 09:05:24 CEST 2003

Hi Samuel,

first of all: please do not include html code in your mail, otherwise
my spam filter may catch your mails!

    > hi i've a problem with my client installation ... in my cluster
    > on my client i've a 3com 509tx with PXE ...  after fai-setup ...
    > i've a kernel panic (on my client) "unable to mount root fs"
MAybe the nfsroot is not exported by your install server.

    > i don't really understand the fai installation : after fai-setup
    > this file is created "/boot/fai/intallimage" but my pxe config
    > needs vmlinuz ...
Seems that you have an old version of FAI. Please upgrade to 2.4.1. In
the new version there's a file created called vmlinuz-install. Use
this file for booting with PXE. PXE can't use boot images that are
created with imggen.

BTW, the next FAI version will include a nice tool for managing the
PXE configuration files.