make-fai-bootcd - configuring gibraltar

Niall Young niall at chime.net.au
Mon Jun 30 04:25:55 CEST 2003

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003, Mark Hedges wrote:

> Using make-fai-bootcd, how do I configure gibraltar to search
> for the cdrom on a different device than the one it finds?
> I omitted IDE cdrom modules, included ide-scsi and passed
> hdc=ide-scsi to the kernel in syslinux.cfg.  It should look
> for the cd at /dev/scd0 but it looks at sr0 and cannot find
> the cdrom.  I want the systems to be pre-configured to work

Have you compiled in /proc?  I think mkinitrd-cd detects them,
if not it'll be hardcoded in get_cdromlist() from
/usr/share/mkinitrd-cd/linuxrc or another file included from there.
You could hardcode it if need be, messy but there's a handful of minor
things like this already in mkinitrd-cd

Niall Young                                    Chime Communications Pty Ltd
niall at chime.net.au                            Level 6, 263 Adelaide Terrace
Ph: (+61) 08 9213 1330 / 0408 192 797         Perth, Western Australia 6000

    "Apologies, a long term solution has been found.  February will be
    extended to 30 days to bring it in line with other months."
                                        -- Jock Main, Feb 2003