fai bootcd

Mark Hedges hedges at recyclecomputer.com
Mon Jun 30 01:18:25 CEST 2003

I had to use an install kernel in fai nfsroot that uses
the ide cdrom driver, although I want to use one that
omits ide cdrom support in favor of ide-scsi.  I tried
it passing hdc=ide-scsi to the kernel, but it failed.
How do tell gibraltar to look at /dev/scd0 instead of
its detected device /dev/sr0?

But then when I tried the install kernel with the
ide cdrom driver added and ide-scsi boot param removed,
it said "Checking hdc... CD inserted, but identifier
does not match."

I did not install the gibraltar-bootsupport package.
It says something about how it is supposed to go on
the cd, but not the installation machine.  So I don't
know how make-fai-bootcd is supposed to copy id.txt
from a file that doesn't exist.

I tried adding gibralter-bootsupport to NFSROOT_PACKAGES,
but fai-setup reported that it could not be installed
because apt-get refused to install file-rc.  Do I need
gibraltar-bootsupport installed in NFSROOT?

--mark--