Cluster administration

Ari Pollak ari at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Jun 19 21:16:34 CEST 2003

I'm planning to install a group of about 15 Debian machines with FAI,
with the possibility of this cluster growing to more than 100 machines.

The installation seems easy enough and I've seen a lot of success
reports with large clusters and FAI, but nobody seems to have reported
anything about administration _after_ the initial installation.

I'm wondering if anyone has set any kind of group synchronization up on FAI
installations, e.g. to make sure every machines has the same packages
installed, to make sure the configuration files are the same if the
master has changed, etc.