cannot login during and after install

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Wed Jul 23 08:47:21 CEST 2003

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, David Fokkema wrote:

[...]

> During install, I have ssh logins enabled using the sshd variable.
> However, ssh won't accept my root password. If I cat /etc/passwd, I
> have
>
> root:glidsOrv7:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash
> <snip>
>
> The password 'glidsOrv7' is included as clear text.

...so, that is the password you wanted to use, not the password after
passing through 'crypt'?

If so, that's the problem. FAI doesn't do the crypt itself, you have to
supply the password *after* that has been done.

       Daniel

--
It is rather ridiculous to ask a man just about to be boiled in a pot and
eaten, at a purely religious feast, why he does not regard all religions as