Howto get rid of entries in error.log?

Niklaus Giger ngiger at mus.ch
Tue Jul 22 22:33:22 CEST 2003

Hi

I successfully minimised entries in error.log by better  specifing what to
install but there are the following entries which I do not understand:
- dmesg.log:sfdisk ERROR: sector 0 does not have an msdos signature
(I do not have a floppy on my target system)

-shell.log:ftar died with error: No directory /fai/files//usr/local
(To get rid of it I changed a line in scripts/DEFAULT/S01 from
ifclass USR_LOCAL_MOUNT || ftar /usr/local
ifclass USR_LOCAL_MOUNT && ftar /usr/local
)

- cfengine.log: cfengine: Cannot access file/directory
/tmp/target/etc/mailname
(Should /etc/mailname be constructed from the HOSTNAME variables instead of
e.g is a solution like        {
          ${target}/etc/mailname
          AutoCreate
          AppendIfNoSuchLine "$(HOSTNAME)"
        }
in scripts/DEFAULT/S20 (editfiles) not better than
${target}/etc/mailname mode=644 owner=0 group=0 action=touch
?)

Any commenty on these problems would be appreciated.

Best regards in advance

--
Niklaus Giger
Wieshoschet 6