cdrom repository tweaks

Mark Hedges hedges at linuxdelivery.com
Mon Jul 7 09:11:20 CEST 2003

Niall Young wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Mark Hedges wrote:
>>-d flag through to make-fai-repository.  I will send diffs when
>>it works if you like.
>
> That'd be great.  I've never tried building from a mirror on the
> local disk so it's new territory I'm afraid - any diffs or advice would
> be welcome for the next release.

Bruce was right, we just use copy:/ instead of file:/ in sources.list.

I wish I knew more about [cursing deleted] NFS.  Which directories does
it need to write?  How do I get the right RPC services started?  Argh.
It is more logical for the chrooted shell in /tmp/target to get /fai from
the cdrom by mounting from localhost than to store a duplicate of all the
packages on disk.  Getting a read-only root disk to run services is tough.

--mark--

--

LinuxDelivery.com - "Your wholesale Linux computer factory."
235 Cayuga St. #C                 hedges at linuxdelivery.com
Santa Cruz, CA 95062                   mobile 831-252-7269