Using FAI to build custom Debian install and iso?

Dan Peterson oroville_dan at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 21 21:55:52 CET 2003

--- Bruce  Edge <bedge at troikanetworks.com> wrote:

> Depends on what packages you include.
> By default it will grab all packages defined in all
> of your package_config/* files, however you can
> exclude classes from inclusion into the depot that
> it builds.
> My CD image is about 500 Meg. I'm including X, KDE,
> compilers, debuggers, development stuff, many
> editors, basically everything I could think of that
> might be of some use. So that's 500 meg at full
> bloat.

Hi Bruce, thanks again for the reply.

I'm currently going through

http://members.iinet.net.au/~niall/fai/make-fai-bootcd.README

And there's a reference to /etc/gibraltar-cd/id.txt
but I don't have that directory/file.  Maybe I'm
getting ahead of myself and I'll create it further on
down the road, but I've installed all the noted
dependencies in preparation, but even in the Debian
package search page, it didn't come up with anything.

Am I missing a vital package or just getting overly
excited?

Thanks again,

Dan