BOOT/MBR class, Kernel and fai/class

Mon Jan 20 14:11:35 CET 2003

    > /usr/local/share/fai/class/*, the S[0-9][0- 9]*.{source,sh,pl}
    > aren't working. After a bit of investigating I realised that
    > /usr/bin/fai- class (or some other script, can't remember off
    > the top of my head) is actually not using the S to search for
    > scripts, but rather just the regex "[0-9][0-9]*.{source,sh,pl}.
This is explained in the file NEWS!

    > /usr/local/share/fai/scripts/BOOT was giving me errors
    > (returning 1) if the "ifclass GRUB && { .. }" segment was
    > defined. I commented it out and it worked fine. Couldn't find
    > the mistake and I ran it with -x but it wasn't obvious to me,
    > but commenting it out worked as expected (I don't even use/need
    > GRUB).
Is fixed now.

    > I also cannot find what the class "MBR" does. I've grepped just
Oooops. It disappeared. I will look at it.
Following lines are missing in scripts/BOOT:

# if class MBR is defined, write lilo into master boot record
ifclass MBR || BOOT_DEVICE=$ROOT_PARTITION

These lines will cause fai to install the boot record into the MBR not the
boot record of the root partition. Maybe this cause you boot failures.

--
Gruss Thomas