Using FAI to build custom Debian install and iso?

Bruce Edge bedge at troikanetworks.com
Mon Jan 20 17:05:03 CET 2003

I've been using Niall's scripts. They do exactly what you asked.
My CD contains the a debian package repository, the FAI installer scripts and classes, and a root filesystem to boot from.
It detects different hardware configuations, loads drivers if needed, pick a partition map based on the disks it detected, ask the user a couple of configuration questions that are specific to our installs, then proceeds to install debian, a bunch of packages, a boot loader, and our software.

-Bruce.