SUMMARY: disk config's preserve option does not work

Tue Feb 4 18:21:18 CET 2003

    > As figured out from old posts it seems that preserve option does
    > not work when applied to logical partitions. So, to fix my

    > I hope I've put things right.  To sum up: preserve works only
    > for primary partitions!
This is wrong. The option preserve also works for logical partitions,
but there are problems when the extended partition does not start or
end on a cylinder boundarie. I had this problem when using three
primary partitions. When I switch to only two two primary partitions,
I could also preserve the logical partitions. I don't know why this
works, but it works! So do not touch the script setup_harddisk and try
to use only two primary partitions.