preserve <> lazyformat (was Re: SUMMARY: disk config's preserve option does not work)

Holger Levsen hl at hbt.de
Wed Feb 5 11:07:39 CET 2003

Hello faiworld,

I used to use preserve, but I found it to complicated:

first: after setting up the computer for the first time with FAI, i have
to modify disk_config to include the preserve option.

second, I have to compute the partition number, that's not too
complicated, but I may fail.

That's why I use "lazyformat" now: the partition gets formatted the
first time the new partition scheme is used, after that, partitions
marked "lazyformat" do'nt get formatted anymore. voila!

regards,
	holger

disk_config hda
primary  /boot         64               rw                      ; ext2
primary  /             448              rw,errors=remount-ro    ; ext2
primary  swap          512              rw                      ; swap
logical  /usr          1024             rw                      ; ext2
logical  /tmp          512-             rw                      ; ext2 -m 0
logical  /opt          2048             rw                      ; ext2 lazyformat
logical  /home         1024             rw                      ; ext2
logical  /var          1024-            rw                      ; ext2
logical  /var/log      1024             rw                      ; ext2 lazyformat
logical  /backup       1024             rw                      ; ext2 lazyformat

--

Hamburger Berater Team GmbH     Telefon: 040/369779-0
Stadthausbrücke 3 (Fleethof)    Telefax: 040/369779-99
20355 Hamburg                   eMail  : hl at hbt.de
				Web    : http://www.hbt.de