MD5 Support

senaque at thepla.net senaque at thepla.net
Sun Feb 2 03:51:11 CET 2003

On 2 Feb 2003 at 1:33, Sébastien GALLET shaped the electrons to say...

> i've got the same problem ...  :)
> Seems like the package passwd was not configured when running the > script
> Modify DEFAULT/S10 like this
>        #! /bin/sh
>        if ifclass MD5; then
>             #Force configuration of the package
>            $ROOTCMD dpkg-reconfigure -fnoninteractive passwd

*SNIP*

Sebastien, on my particular system this still doesn't do the trick, however under further
investigation I did find something out...

It appears that if I run $ROOTCMD dpkg-reconfigure passwd, it will use the dialog frontend, ask
me a bunch of questions then exit, and passwd will now be added to the debconf cache db... (then
allowing me to send commands using debconf-communicate). But, if I run it in noninteractive
frontend, it doesn't do anything.

Is it possible that the passwd package using noninteractive frontend is broken? Can we use fai-
divert for this purpose?

Cheers,

Senaque
---