MD5 Support

Sébastien GALLET sgallet at ibourgogne.net
Sun Feb 2 01:33:17 CET 2003

senaque at thepla.net wrote:

>Andrew, I will be glad to contribute questions to the FAQ-O-MATIC ;-)
>Sebastien thank you for your help also!
>
>I've been trying out that debconf-communicate for a few days now but can't seem to get it to work
>(even though passwd && base-passwd are installed, the items aren't available in
>/var/cache/debconf/*.dat)... Any ideas why this is happening? Is there a way to get debconf to
>'rebuild' these caches correctly or should we be using debconf-copydb? Anyone else having this
>problem?

i've got the same problem ...  :)
Seems like the package passwd was not configured when running the script
Modify DEFAULT/S10 like this
       #! /bin/sh
       if ifclass MD5; then
            #Force configuration of the package
           $ROOTCMD dpkg-reconfigure -fnoninteractive passwd
           echo "set passwd/md5 true" | $ROOTCMD debconf-communicate
           echo "set passwd/shadow true" | $ROOTCMD debconf-communicate
           $ROOTCMD dpkg-reconfigure -fnoninteractive passwd
       fi
       exit 0