FAI Partition?

Bruce Edge bedge at troikanetworks.com
Fri Dec 12 00:16:43 CET 2003

The grub entry I have to kick off FAI is:

title FAI
bootp --with-configfile

My dhcp.conf file contains the location of my shared menu.lst file:

option option-150 "(nd)/mnt/build1/fai/menu.lst";

This causes grub to grab the specified menu.lst type file

The shared menu.lst is something like:

title official            - official FAI    flavor 1
bootp
root (nd)
kernel /mnt/build1/fai-root/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.20 ip=dhcp root=/dev/boot255 nfsroot=12.31.174.145:/export/fai/root FAI_LOCATION=build2:/export/fai/config  FAI_FLAGS=sshd,createvt,syslogd

title official-asic       - official FAI    flavor 2
bootp
root (nd)
kernel /mnt/build1/fai-root/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.20 ip=dhcp root=/dev/boot255 nfsroot=12.31.174.145:/export/fai/root FAI_LOCATION=build2:/export/fai/config hda=slow hda=248,2,63  FAI_FLAGS=sshd,createvt,syslogd quiet

etc....

Of course, you could skip the whole second menu file too, and just put the above entries directly in your machines local menu.lst

-Bruce