small problem with make-fai-bootcd

Holger Levsen hl at hbt.de
Tue Dec 2 13:03:37 CET 2003

Hi,

> > > Odd, I don't get this problem at all, mkisofs is definitly overwriting the
> > > file here.  How are you calling make-fai-bootcd?
> > make-fai-bootcd -n -r -d
> I just can't replicate this, the call to mkisofs hasn't changed for
> many versions.  Not sure what else to suggest here, are you running
> a strange filesystem, absolutely sure it's appending and your nfsroot
> hasn't increased in size or something else?

Very strange: I can reproduce it on my first fai-bootcd-system but not
on the second!

It's the location: if I create the fai-bootcd.iso in
/usr/local/share/fai it get's appended but not if I create it elsewhere.

Solution: do not create fai-bootcd.iso with $FAI_CONFIGDIR as current
directory! Niall, could you please try to replicate this and if you are
"successfull" please update the HOWTO ;)

(I could reproduce the error on the second fai-bootcd-system, too.)

regards,
	Holger

--

Hamburger Berater Team GmbH     Telefon: 040/369779-0
Stadthausbrücke 3 (Fleethof)    Telefax: 040/369779-99
20355 Hamburg                   eMail  : hl at hbt.de
				Web    : http://www.hbt.de