bootfloppy and 1Gbps NICs

Frank Lenaerts lenaerts.frank at pandora.be
Mon Aug 25 16:45:13 CEST 2003

Hi,

Currently, lots of mainboards/systems have an onboard 1Gbps NIC. Linux
kernel 2.4.18 however (woody), does not have support for e.g. Intel's
e1000 NIC.

Therefore, I am wondering how I can create a custom FAI bootfloppy to
include support for this card or did somebody already create such a
floppy? It seems that the bootfloppy generated by make-fai-bootfloppy
almost only contains a vmlinuz kernel image (with in kernel support
for several NICs I suppose).

lenaerts.frank at pandora.be

gpg fingerprint: A41E A399 5160 BAB9 AEF1  58F2 B92A F4AB 9FFB 3707
gpg key id: 9FFB3707

Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."
-- Henry Spencer