fai-setup failure.

Daniel Jackson djackson at tigerbyte.com
Tue Apr 22 21:17:43 CEST 2003

Hi. I've had some trouble with getting fai-setup to complete properly. I've
been using sid, but I've tried with woody and sarge as well. The error I get
is..

dpkg: `update-rc.d' not found on PATH.
dpkg: 1 expected program(s) not found on PATH.
NB: root's PATH should usually contain /usr/local/sbin, /usr/sbin and /sbin.
W: Failure trying to run: chroot /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot dpkg --force-depends
--install /var/cache/apt/archives/base-files_3.0.8_i386.deb
/var/cache/apt/archives/base-passwd_3.5.3_i386.deb
chroot: apt-get: No such file or directory
dpkg-divert: cannot open diversions: No such file or directory

Has anyone seen this before? Thanks.