fai-setup failure.

Tapio Lehtonen tale at iki.fi
Wed Apr 23 05:01:55 CEST 2003

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 02:17:43PM -0500, Daniel Jackson wrote:
> Hi. I've had some trouble with getting fai-setup to complete properly. I've
> been using sid, but I've tried with woody and sarge as well. The error I get
> is..
>
> dpkg: `update-rc.d' not found on PATH.

You are running fai-setup as root? Either root PATH does not contain
the directory where command update-rc.d is, or you have not installed
the Debian package that provides update-rc.d (which is sysvinit).

$ locate update-rc.d
/usr/sbin/update-rc.d
/usr/share/man/fr/man8/update-rc.d.8.gz
/usr/share/man/ja/man8/update-rc.d.8.gz