setup_harddisks and sfdisk not doing the right thing.

Thu Oct 24 10:27:24 CEST 2002

    > Greetings.  I'm contracting for a company that's using FAI
    > pretty extensively already.
I always look for some success stories of people using FAI. Maybe you
can tell me a little bit more of the use of FAI in this company.

    > I'd expect that /dev/hdb3 and /dev/hdb4 would not end up with
    > filesystems, just that the disk would be labled for the
    > appropriate size partitions.  Since I'm trying for raw
    > partitions, that would be the right thing.
You can use the preserve keyword, if the partition is already made,
but then you can't give a size for this partition. There also the
option lazyformat. This will not create a filesystem, if the partition
was not moved. I'm not sure if this will work for you.

Maybe a new option "noformat" should be added to setup_harddisks.
How would like to do this ?
--
 Thomas