setup_harddisks and sfdisk not doing the right thing.

JB Segal jb at permabit.com
Thu Oct 24 03:27:27 CEST 2002

Greetings.
I'm contracting for a company that's using FAI pretty extensively already.
I've been tasked with getting a working setup for some new machines.

However, I'm having problems with setup_harddisks.

Given the config file stanza

disk_config hdb

primary /index3         1000    rw                              ; -j ext3
primary /index4         1000    rw                              ; -j ext3
primary -               -128000
primary -               10-

I'd expect that /dev/hdb3 and /dev/hdb4 would not end up with filesystems,
just that the disk would be labled for the appropriate size partitions.
Since I'm trying for raw partitions, that would be the right thing.

However, this is not the case....my machines are making filesystems left and
right on these very large partitions.

Does anyone have any idea how to get s_h and sfdisk to just lable the disk
and stop there?

Thanks,
JB