scsi problems

Geert Stappers Geert.Stappers at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 10 20:42:29 CEST 2002

At 19:44 +0200 10/10/02, Mark Hedges wrote:
>I was able to do an installation on a system with a single
>scsi disk--- it loaded ide-scsi and aic7xxx modules.  But then
>when it rebooted, it could not access the disk to load these
>modules to access the disk... kernel panic trying to load vfs.
>(Is that what happened?  It did get that far....  Bad disk?)

kernel during  FAI install
is not the same as the one that is installed

>I tried again using a kernel with scsi support built-in,
>instead of modules.  This time, although `discover` finds
>the disks, setup_harddisks did not, and Debian::Fai replies
>that there are no disks, so it selects "DISKLESS".
>
>Any ideas?  I'm frustrated.  I'm probably missing something obvious.

Had the second attempt information about the disk partitions ( was
configfile available?)

Geert St
---------
Get my envelope closing key with `gpg --recv-keys 5511798F`
or use the equivalent of your favorite Pretty Good Privacy software.
The envelope opening key is already here.