default config variable parsing order

Thu Nov 28 12:40:56 CET 2002

    > Currently, the dhcp parameters override those passed on the
    > kernel commmand line.  I'd prefer the reverse since it's easier
    > to tweak cmd line args than it is to reconfig the dhcp server.
    > I added an extra call to eval_cmdline in the task_confdir() func
    > after the get net info stuff.  What does everone think, is this
    > a better default or not?

Tweaking the kernel cmd line is only easier if you are booting from
floppy. I you do not have control over your dhcp or bootp service, you
can't tweak the kernel command line. Normally a sysadmin should use
his/her dhcp or bootp server to supply theses parameters. If you
can't, it better to write a litte hook with prefix .source. This way
you do need to change the fai scripts itself and after an upgrade to a
new fai version, your installation will not be broken.

So again. Alway try to use hooks for your customization!