Preconfiguring packages in FAI

Bruce Edge bedge at troikanetworks.com
Wed Nov 20 20:24:15 CET 2002

OK, locales is a bad example. Here's the rest of my script (sorry, forgot about that)

        # This is needed because locales` postinst doesn't work properly.
        # The above followed by:
        #   dpkg-reconfigure -fnoninteractice locale
        # should do this, but it doesn't
        echo en_US ISO-8859-1 >> /etc/locale.gen
        /usr/sbin/locale-gen

I'm using this method with etherconf and it works fine.