default config variable parsing order

Bruce Edge bedge at troikanetworks.com
Wed Nov 20 19:37:34 CET 2002

Currently, the dhcp parameters override those passed on the kernel commmand line.
I'd prefer the reverse since it's easier to tweak cmd line args than it is to reconfig the dhcp server.
I added an extra call to eval_cmdline in the task_confdir() func after the get net info stuff.
What does everone think, is this a better default or not?

-Bruce

task_confdir() {

    local dnshost
    eval_cmdline

    # TODO: only start on demand; use FAI_FLAGS for that
    echo "*.* $LOGDIR/syslog.log" > /tmp/etc/syslog.conf
    syslogd -m 0 -p /tmp/etc/syslogsocket
    klogd -c1 -f $LOGDIR/kernel.log

    netdevice_info
    dmesg | grep -q "Sending DHCP requests" && get_dhcp_info
    dmesg | grep -q "Sending BOOTP requests" && get_bootp_info
    eval_cmdline
    echo "SERVER=$SERVER" >> $rcsfaivar
    create_resolv_conf
    get_fai_dir