new to fai, just wondering about a comment in the homepage of fai...

Tue May 7 20:33:19 CEST 2002

    > Does fai work out of the box like kickstart?  Is there a
    > "generic" linux install class configuration to get me rolling
    > quickly?  Or do I have to manually edit all the class files to
    > get fai going?
As far as I know, you have to prepare a kickstart floppy disk
containing all configuration information.

For fai you only have to prepare a file in disk_config/, since there's
no default file for the disk partitioning. This was made for security
reasons, so you can't clean your whole disk when just booting a client
for the first time. All other config files have a default file.
--
Gruss Thomas