new to fai, just wondering about a comment in the homepage of fai...

James S. White james at jameswhite.org
Tue May 7 21:46:10 CEST 2002

> As far as I know, you have to prepare a kickstart floppy disk
> containing all configuration information.
You are correct. But they can be as simple as:
lang en_US
network --bootproto dhcp
keyboard us
nfs --server 192.168.0.1 --dir /export/linux/
zerombr yes
clearpart --all
part / --size 1 --grow
install
mouse generic3ps/2
timezone US/Central --utc
rootpw blah
auth --useshadow --enablemd5
lilo --location mbr
reboot
%packages
@ Everything
%post
And you're up and going. I was wondering if fai had an example for something
like this. (a rapid 0-60mph configuration.)

> For fai you only have to prepare a file in disk_config/, since there's
> no default file for the disk partitioning. This was made for security
> reasons, so you can't clean your whole disk when just booting a client
> for the first time. All other config files have a default file.

I guess this answers my question. I'll have to have another go
at fai this weekend. (round three) My Thanks.

James S. White                      GAPS Incorporated
james at gapsinc.com                   Electrical Engineer - Etc.
http://www.jameswhite.org           Caffeine is my anti-drug.