Documentation clarification

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Wed Mar 20 11:13:14 CET 2002

    > But could anybody clarify me a few things ?
I will try.

    > Paragraph in fai-guide.sgml 2.3pre, section 6.4 ?

    > And in 6.5 :

    > « Script <file>S07disk.pl</file> can be used to define classes
    > depending on the number of local disks or the size of these
    > scripts »
That's a typo. It should be:

".. on the number of local disks or the size of these disks".

    > » can appear everywhere in a name (I've first thought to prepend
    > them instead of appending, but they can also appear in front of
    > a name too... :-( ).  What about to jump to a « package/+ » or «
    > package/- » syntax instead ?
But apt-get will handle this correctly, I think. So
# apt-get remove g+++
or
# apt-get install g++-
should be ok. And the install_packages script passes the package names
including the + or - to apt-get

    > I don't understand in the install paragraph « All package names
    > are checked for misspelling. If a package doesn't exist, it is
    > automatically removed from the list of packages to install. »
That's a new feature.

    > with the later paragraph « If you specify a package that does
    > not exists (e.g. you make a typo), the the whole installation of
    > software package will not be started. » Is the whole
    > installation of all software packages or only this software
    > packages ?
This was the old behaviour. If a package name is wrong, then no
software package will be installed. This is a "feature" or a bug of
apt-get, so of FAI.

--
Gruss Thomas