Documentation clarification

Ronan KERYELL Ronan.Keryell at enst-bretagne.fr
Wed Mar 20 09:44:33 CET 2002

I'm trying to dig out the last CVS version. Great stuff ! :-)

But could anybody clarify me a few things ?

Paragraph in fai-guide.sgml 2.3pre, section 6.4 ?

«
Therefore it is possible to add a new file to
the configuration without changing the script. This is because the
loop automaticly detects new configurations files that should be
used. Unfortunately cfengine does not support this nice feature, so
all classes being used in cfengine need also to be specified inside
the cfengine scripts.
»

And in 6.5 :

«
Script <file>S07disk.pl</file> can be used to define classes depending
on the number of local disks or the size of these scripts
»

What size of these scripts ?

everywhere in a name (I've first thought to prepend them instead of
appending, but they can also appear in front of a name too... :-( ).

I don't understand in the install paragraph « All package names are
checked for misspelling. If a package doesn't exist, it is automatically
removed from the list of packages to install. » with the later paragraph «
If you specify a package that does not exists (e.g. you make a typo), the
the whole installation of software package will not be started. » Is the
whole installation of all software packages or only this software packages
?

Thank you,
--
    Ronan KERYELL              |\/
    Labo Informatique Télécom  |/)  Tel:    (+33|0) 2.29.00.14.15
    29285 PLOUZANE CEDEX       |\   E-mail: Ronan.Keryell at enst-bretagne.fr
    FRANCE                     | \  http://www-info.enst-bretagne.fr/~keryell