FAI internals

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Wed Mar 13 13:53:23 CET 2002

    > That's a nice a pretty fast answer. I like it!  I will take a
    > look!
If make-fai-nfsroot has problems, called if with option -v

    > what if the client architecture is different on your nodes than
    > on your FAI server?  Say, you want to install a bunch of Alpha
    > machines in a cluster, but the server is IA32 (cheaper disks
    > array)?
This can cause problems if a postinst script tries to execute an
executable which is not available on a diffrent architecture. But it's
possible to make a tar file of the nfsroot on an alpha machine
an extract it to IA32 architecture and use it there. So you need a
running system for alpha only once for creating the nfsroot.

--
Gruss Thomas