Seqence of events...

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Mon Jun 10 19:20:41 CEST 2002

Hi all,

I'm slowly muddling through here getting my FAI server set up.  I'd
like some input as to whether I've done this correctly or not.  So
far, I've done the following:

	- Set up and installed the OS on the server
	- Set up and configured a Debian mirror
	- Installed tftp-hpa
	- Installed ISC dhcpd
	- Recompiled kernel to support NFS
	- Set up /etc/netgroups
	- Edited /etc/fai/fai.conf and /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/etc/fai/fai.conf
 	  ( can, or should these be the same file?)
	- Run fai-setup

What's next?  Did I miss anything?

One thing I'm  a little confused about is the boot kernel.  My dhcp
config has the following items:

	filename "/boot/fai/pxelinux.0";
	next-server "localhost";

However, there is no /boot/fai/pxelinux.o file, should this be the
same as in /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/usr/lib/syslinux/pxelinux.0 ?  I'm
guessing yes.  Should I copy it to /boot/fai, or will a symlink
suffice.  Along those lines, /etc/fai/fai.conf didn't exist either,
so I just copied /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/etc/fai/fai.conf to /etc/fai.
Is that okay?  If so, then why doesn't fai-setup copy these files to
the correct place?

Thanks for any feedback!
--

Seeya,