Woody roll-out

Fri Jan 18 17:37:28 CET 2002

    > I'am very interested to migrade my system (RedHat 7.1, fully
    > automaticly installed with a kickstart server, administrate with
    > a commercial tool 'venus' to debian (which I prefer) togehter
The best thing you can do ;-)

    > of them need different settings.  Is it possible to build
    > conf-files on thy fly, depending on the monitor, the mouse and
If there's a debian tool that can create the configs, fai can use this
tool. I'm not sure if there's such a noninteractive tool for Debian.

    > the graphic adapter?  I also need a powerfull tool to
    > administrate the users, the nis maps, the computers themself. I
Administration of a system is not the aim of fai, but installation is.

    > need to call commands on every maschine in addition, maybe in
    > dependence of classes.
There's a script in fai to call a command on every host belonging to a
NIS netgroup. Have also look at cfengine.

--
Gruss Thomas