Woody roll-out

Michael Renner michael.renner at gmx.de
Fri Jan 18 15:37:09 CET 2002

On Friday 18 January 2002 11:16, Thomas Lange wrote:

> I'm always looking for references, but no one makes a little web page
> or write a short "how I did it". I would like to collect links to
> installations using FAI, but there are few people giving me a link.
> Some other installations (but too few):
> http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/other.html

I'am very interested to migrade my system (RedHat 7.1,
fully automaticly installed with a kickstart server,
administrate with a commercial tool 'venus' to debian
(which I prefer) togehter with fai.
But the requirements in my Max Planck Institute are
high.
I have a bunch of computers (single pentium, dual pentium,
dual athlon) with 'normal' monitors and LCDs.
Some of them have 3 botton mice, some have a wheel
mouse. Therefor all of them need different settings.
Is it possible to build conf-files on thy fly, depending
on the monitor, the mouse and the graphic adapter?
I also need a powerfull tool to administrate the users,
the nis maps, the computers themself. I need to
call commands on every maschine in addition,
maybe in dependence of classes.

If all of this is possible I will start to test woody
together with fai soon.
Here are 30 high end PCs waiting for fai ;-)

I hope somebody can answer my questions or point
to a manual.

Thanks
--
|Michael Renner      E-mail: michael.renner at gmx.de  |
|D-72072 Tuebingen   Germany                        |