Introduction

Thu Jan 10 18:21:45 CET 2002

    > detection of all kind of network cards and also building a

Just write a little hook which tries to load all network card drivers
and then look if new cards are detected. What about:

for driver in `ls /lib/modules/2.2.19/net/*` ; do
  modprobe $driver
  # test if new ethernet device is found; use ifconfig or dmesg,...
done

    > floppy disk that just detects MAC addresses at startup and for
    > example highlights them in red and then rebuild the bootptab
    > file using a GUI.  I would be interested to hear about your

Sine the bootptab is located on the install server, it's impossible to
change a file from an install server. What about collecting MAC
addresses on this floppy ?

--
 Thomas