Introduction

Hichame Jeffali hjeffali at caramail.com
Thu Jan 10 17:59:40 CET 2002

Hi all,
I am a Moroccan system administrator. I want to be able to
automate
the installation of a bunch of servers and a firewall
machine. My aim
is to build a small distribution that can be used by many
system
administrators to build networks based on the same
architecture
(firewall+DMZ+protected zone) with additional features like
distant secure logging and daily backups.
I had the chance to look at the FAI code and to experiment
with it.
I would thank you for building such a tool and I would like
to help
making it more user friendly for people who are not highly
skilled.
One area I want to improve is detection of all kind of
network cards
and also building a floppy disk that just detects MAC
addresses at
startup and for example highlights them in red and then
rebuild
the bootptab file using a GUI.
I would be interested to hear about your opinions..
Keep up the good work
Hichame