lilo.conf not generated?

Chad Walstrom chewie at wookimus.net
Thu Aug 22 17:42:42 CEST 2002

Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>  wrote:
> Now, we edited the scripts/BOOT file a bit.  It's still not perfect, but
> it seems to work well.  This alters how grub's menu.lst is installed
> with update-grub.  Instead of placing it in the body of this msg, I
> attached it.

I had forgotten to attach it.  I will do that now. ;-)

-------------- next part --------------
#! /bin/sh
#
# $Id: BOOT,v 1.7 2002/07/02 17:33:10 chad Exp $
# copyright Thomas Lange 2001, lange at debian.org

# this is the function: AppendIfNoSuchLine
egrep -q "^auto" $target/etc/modules 2>/dev/null || echo "auto" >> $target/etc/modules

# a list of modules, that are loaded at boot time
echo $moduleslist >> $target/etc/modules

ifclass LILO && {
    # write lilo.conf and install lilo to disk
    echo " Creating lilo.conf for /vmlinuz"
    cat > $target/etc/lilo.conf <<-EOF
	boot=$BOOT_DEVICE
	root=$ROOT_PARTITION
	install=/boot/boot.b
	map=/boot/map
	vga=normal
	delay=50
	#
	image=/vmlinuz
	label=linux
	$liloappend
EOF

    $target/sbin/lilo -r $target
}

ifclass GRUB && {

    kernelname=/vmlinuz
    echo "Installing grub and boot entry for $kernelname"
    grub-install --root-directory=$target $BOOT_DEVICE
    broot=`device2grub $BOOT_PARTITION`

    cat > $target/boot/grub/menu.lst <<-EOF
# created by FAI

password bootsecret
timeout 10
default 1
hiddenmenu
color cyan/blue white/blue

# Skip over this.
title FAI Install
root $broot
kernel /$kernelimage root=/dev/nfs ip=::::::dhcp devfs=nomount

### BEGIN AUTOMAGIC KERNELS LIST
## lines between the AUTOMAGIC KERNELS LIST markers will be modified
## by the debian update-grub script except for the default optons below

## DO NOT UNCOMMENT THEM, Just edit them to your needs

## ## Start Default Options ##
## default kernel options
## e.g. kopt=root=/dev/hda1 ro
# kopt=root=$ROOT_PARTITION ro

## default grub root device
## e.g. groot=(hd0,0)
# groot=$broot

## should update-grub create alternative boot options
## e.g. alternative=true
##      alternative=false
# alternative=true

## should update-grub lock alternative boot options
## e.g. lockalternative=true
##      lockalternative=false
# lockalternative=false

## altoption boot targets option
## multiple altoptions lines are allowed
## e.g. altoptions=(extra menu suffix) extra boot options
##      altoptions=(recovery mode) single
# altoptions=(recovery mode) single

## controls how many kernels should be put into the menu.lst
## only counts the first occurence of a kernel, not the
## alternative kernel options
## e.g. howmany=all
##      howmany=7
# howmany=all

## ## End Default Options ##

### END DEBIAN AUTOMAGIC KERNELS LIST
EOF
    rdev $target/$kernelname $ROOT_PARTITION
    $ROOTCMD update-grub

    # Hack to compensate for update-grub's desire to add kernel paths with
    # /boot in them
    pushd $target/boot
    ln -s . boot
    popd

    echo "Grub installed for $kernelimage $broot"
}