make-fai-bootfloppy: link?

Juan Antonio Herguera JA.Herguera at enst-bretagne.fr
Thu Aug 22 20:34:02 CEST 2002

    Hi. This is Juan Antonio Herguera, from the ENST-B in Brest (France).

    I'm begining to use FAI.
    I think I have followed the right steps, but something goes wrong:

    1.- I made "apt-get install fai fai-kernels".
    2.- I edited "/etc/apt/fai.doc".
    3.- I executed "fai-setup".

    OK. Now I'm trying to make a boot floppy: "make-fai-bootfloppy"; but it
doesn't work.
    Here you have what I got:

linux4:~# make-fai-bootfloppy
Your machine has multiple network interfaces:   eth0
  eth1
Specify which one will be used for FAI (eg. eth1): eth0
Using interface eth0 with IP address: 192.168.100.14
mke2fs 1.27 (8-Mar-2002)
ln: creating symbolic link `/floppy/vmlinuz' to `boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18':
Operation
not permitted

    So, it seems that it doesn't let me to make a symbolic link...
    Any ideas?

    Thanks / Merci / Gracias

Juan Antonio Herguera Torres

Tempus Fugit; Carpe Diem
    "Quod ne occidit, nos fortiores reddit"         -Friedrich Nietzsche
    (That which does not kill us, makes us stronger)
    (Tout ce qui ne tue pas, grandit)
    (Was nicht tötet, härtet ab)
    (Ceea ce nu te omoara, te face mai puternic)
    (Eso que no nos mata, nos hace más fuertes)     -Fede Nitxe