partitioning on SPARC systems

AUSTIN MURPHY amurphy at nbcs.rutgers.edu
Thu Apr 18 17:10:31 CEST 2002

Thanks for getting back so quickly.  I apoligize for my delay, I havn't
been in the office lately.

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Thomas Lange wrote:

>     > Hi, I'm working with FAI on SPARC ...

> Just try
>
> fdisk <<EOM
>
> <all fdisk commands goes here
>
> EOM

This seems to work.  The create Sun Disk Label command automatically
partitions the disk so that makes it easier.

> Do you want to install Linux or Solaris on the SPARC machine ?

Linux.  The other guys here have Jumpstart and Solaris all worked
out.  They have it setup to use RPM packages, APT-RPM, and cfengine.
I imagine that you are taking a similar approach with FAI.

Thanks a lot,

Austin