partitioning on SPARC systems

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Tue Apr 9 09:25:58 CEST 2002

    > Hi, I'm working with FAI on SPARC and am having trouble coming
    > up with a way to do the automatic disk partitioning.  I
    > understand that sfdisk is not available on SPARC yet as per the
    > FAI notes.  Is there *any* tool that will automatically
    > partition hard disks and runs on SPARC linux?

Just try

fdisk <<EOM

<all fdisk commands goes here

EOM

Look at http://www.opossum.ch/fai/, these guys did it for Linux on SPARC.

    > As a work around, I am considering doing a very simple Solaris
    > JUMPSTART install that simply partitions the disks, but that
    > adds a lot of complexity to both the install process as well as
    > the configuration process.
Do you want to install Linux or Solaris on the SPARC machine ? If you
want to install Solaris using FAI, you should use the normal
partitioning that comes with Jumpstart. Currently I'm porting FAI to
Solaris, but I'm also using the Jumpstart partitioning process for it.

--
Gruss Thomas