partitioning on SPARC systems

AUSTIN MURPHY amurphy at nbcs.rutgers.edu
Tue Apr 9 04:04:54 CEST 2002

Hi,

I'm working with FAI on SPARC and am having trouble coming up with a way
to do the automatic disk partitioning.  I understand that sfdisk is not
available on SPARC yet as per the FAI notes.  Is there *any* tool that
will automatically partition hard disks and runs on SPARC linux?

As a work around, I am considering doing a very simple Solaris JUMPSTART
install that simply partitions the disks, but that adds a lot of
complexity to both the install process as well as the configuration
process.

If anyone has any better ideas, I would love to hear them.

Thanks,

Austin Murphy
----
Student Systems Programmer