lilo 22.1 (woody)

Ingo Herz herz at et-inf.fho-emden.de
Thu Nov 29 14:26:48 CET 2001

At 14:16 29.11.2001 +0100, you wrote:
> <herz at et-inf.fho-emden.de> said:
>
>     > This may be caused by my setup: I installed fai on a potato box
>     > and use the base2_2.tgz as the basesystem because there is no
>     > debootstrap available. Then packages are installed from woody
>     > and dselect-upgrade at the very end of fai replaces potatoes
>     > lilo_21.4.3-2 with lilo_22.1-1 from woody. Any way to insert a
>     > mkdivert at this step?
>
>If you want to install woody on your install clients, you have to
>install a nfsroot for woody. That's how it works. So, change fai.conf
>to it use sources.list for woody and recreate the nfsroot.

FAI_SOURCES_LIST is set to woody. But I can't use debootstrap, because
the "fai machine" is potato. So I use potatos base2_2.tgz, get lilo_21..
and dist-upgrade at the end of fai upgrades to lilo_22...

btw. got it running in the meanwhile by adding an mkdivert/rmdivert
/usr/sbin/liloconfig to instsoft.

Am I doing something wrong?

Ingo