lilo 22.1 (woody)

Ingo Herz herz at et-inf.fho-emden.de
Wed Nov 28 10:34:33 CET 2001

At 15:58 27.11.2001 -0600, you wrote:
>Am Die, 2001-11-27 um 18.17 schrieb Ingo Herz:
> > gpm is installing properly now. Thanks a lot.
> >
> > Now I get a complete installation of woody incl. customized kernel,
> > XF86Config etc. I only have to press 2 keys - at the end of the
> > installation the lilo config appears. I use newest fai and saw the
> > thread some weeks ago about lilo 22.1. lilo is lilo_22.1-1_i386.deb.
>
>Another thing you can do is to install the kernel-img.conf file in /etc
>right after the drives have been configured and mounted, before anything
>else takes place.  Add a hook that will create /etc if it's not there
>and fcopy over kernel-img.conf for that class.
>
>         SEE ALSO: kernel-img.conf(5)
>         Package: kernel-package
>
>I'm not sure if in make-fai-nfsroot this file gets copied over.  If it
>doesn't we should probably add it.  You can set up your kernel
>installation so it never prompts you for anything.  Plus, you can tie in
>your grub configuration in with the application update-grub, updating
>your menu.lst dynamically.  I'd love to add this functionality in to the
>current GRUB install class (I'll let you know when I get a patch ready).
>
>I've also got patches in the works for the dselect-upgrade target that
>makes it work (I think).  As well as tasksel.  Currently, if you use
>tasksel, it will prompt you at the apt-get for the "Y/N" to proceed.  I
>changed this so that it simply did a dselect toggle for the package (man
>tasksel).  Technically, after tasksel, we should probably run an apt-get
>dselect-upgrade to pick up the packages.  Since I had other dselect
>upgrade targets, my packages installed anyway.  You could,
>realistically, not  use the dselect-upgrade target at all, and the
>tasksel would quietly fail as a side-effect.

I had a look at the logs (software.log) of the installation: the liloconfig
is called at the very end of the installation (apt-get -y dselect-upgrade).

This may be caused by my setup: I installed fai on a potato box and
use the base2_2.tgz as the basesystem because there is no debootstrap
available. Then packages are installed from woody and dselect-upgrade
at the very end of fai replaces potatoes lilo_21.4.3-2 with lilo_22.1-1
from woody. Any way to insert a mkdivert at this step?

greetings,

Ingo Herz, Dipl.-Ing. , Fachhochschule  Oldenburg  Ostfriesland  Wilhelmshaven
Fachbereich Technik                                     Tel.: +49 4921 8071928
Constantiaplatz 4, 26723 Emden (Germany)                Fax : +49 4921 8071843
E-Mail: herz at et-inf.fho-emden.de           WWW: http://www.et-inf.fho-emden.de