lilo 22.1 (woody)

Chad Walstrom chad at ima.umn.edu
Tue Nov 27 22:58:01 CET 2001

Am Die, 2001-11-27 um 18.17 schrieb Ingo Herz:
> gpm is installing properly now. Thanks a lot.
>
> Now I get a complete installation of woody incl. customized kernel,
> XF86Config etc. I only have to press 2 keys - at the end of the
> installation the lilo config appears. I use newest fai and saw the
> thread some weeks ago about lilo 22.1. lilo is lilo_22.1-1_i386.deb.

Another thing you can do is to install the kernel-img.conf file in /etc
right after the drives have been configured and mounted, before anything
else takes place.  Add a hook that will create /etc if it's not there
and fcopy over kernel-img.conf for that class.

	SEE ALSO: kernel-img.conf(5)
	Package: kernel-package

I'm not sure if in make-fai-nfsroot this file gets copied over.  If it
doesn't we should probably add it.  You can set up your kernel
installation so it never prompts you for anything.  Plus, you can tie in
your grub configuration in with the application update-grub, updating
your menu.lst dynamically.  I'd love to add this functionality in to the
current GRUB install class (I'll let you know when I get a patch ready).

I've also got patches in the works for the dselect-upgrade target that
makes it work (I think).  As well as tasksel.  Currently, if you use
tasksel, it will prompt you at the apt-get for the "Y/N" to proceed.  I
changed this so that it simply did a dselect toggle for the package (man
tasksel).  Technically, after tasksel, we should probably run an apt-get
dselect-upgrade to pick up the packages.  Since I had other dselect
upgrade targets, my packages installed anyway.  You could,
realistically, not  use the dselect-upgrade target at all, and the
tasksel would quietly fail as a side-effect.

Anyway, back to work.

--
Chad C. Walstrom <chad at ima.umn.edu>             http://www.ima.umn.edu
Assistant Systems Manager, IMA                  Phone: 612-624-4353