Installing a different kernel from server

Mon Dec 3 23:21:50 CET 2001

    > I am trying to install Woody with FAI. My DHCP and FAI servers
    > are different machines but I succeded in configuring dhcp server
    > to deal with it. My problem is make-fai-nfsroot. My fai-server
    > is running 2.4.9 but I am trying to install 2.2.19-DHCP1. During
    > make-fai-nfs-root -v I get:

    > 	depmod: Can't open /lib/modules/2.4.9/modules.dep for writing

I'm not really sure if you can just ignore this. Please send the
output of

# make-fai-nfsroot -v

and

# find /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/lib/modules -ls

to fai at informatik.uni-koeln.de. Please also try to load a kernel
module on the install clients. If this works, everything went right.

    > nfsroot. However I got a lot of messages that cannot find
    > net-pf-1. I have no log files on /home/fai (only .ssh).
Add the line

alias net-pf-1 off

to $NFSROOT/etc/modutils/fai_modules_off, then call
# chroot /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot upate-modules

--
 Thomas