bootdisk/nfsroot problems

Thu Sep 14 11:49:41 CEST 2000

First, it it worth waiting for your potato CD's. Why do you want to
install an old system ?

> I've run into 2 problems - firstly I get a heap of errors when running
> make-fai-nfsroot (output below), and secondly once I've booted the client
> with a floppy I get a few init errors (killall, openvt missing - I assume

Maybe killall is missing in slink. I'm sure, openvt is new in potato.

> this is related to my broken nfsroot) and finally I get "ERROR: FAI action
> not defined" and am forced to reboot.
How does your dhcpd.conf lokks like ? Does /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/fai/DHCP exist
but not /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/fai/BOOTP ?
If you want to debug make-nfs-root set verbose=1 inside this script.

> shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories
looks like thew script has no access to a directory. Is it a mounted
partition without root access ?

Try to install a nfsroot of potato on your potato box,
and only use slink when installing the clients. Therfore use
base2_2.tgz inside make-fai-nfsroot and set the variable to slink in
/usr/local/share/fai/fai_config/global.conf. I hope this will work.

--
 Thomas
            Thomas Lange