RFC: How to improve Ubuntu support

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Fri Nov 7 17:56:02 CET 2014

    >> What are the current diffs in the packaging files for Ubuntu?

    > For my PPA none and the packages build and install just fine - the only
But isn't it much more comfortable, if the Ubuntu version of FAI
already include the Ubuntu URLs? We did this in the past for the old
Ubuntu versions. I would like to give the Ubuntu users a FAI package,
that is ready-to-go, without the need of changing the configs too
much. Or without the need for changing them at all.

If we like to do this, how could be handle this in the build process
or in the git tree? First let's make a list of files of the FAI
sources, which may be different to those in Debian.

I guess it's:
conf/nfsroot.conf
conf/sources.list
examples/simple/files/etc/.../FAISERVER