RFC: How to improve Ubuntu support

Moritz Struebe Moritz.Struebe at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Nov 13 10:57:01 CET 2014

Hmm, somehow I didn't get my point across. :)

Am 2014-11-07 um 17:56 schrieb Thomas Lange:
>     >> What are the current diffs in the packaging files for Ubuntu?
>
>     > For my PPA none and the packages build and install just fine - the only
> But isn't it much more comfortable, if the Ubuntu version of FAI
> already include the Ubuntu URLs? We did this in the past for the old
> Ubuntu versions. I would like to give the Ubuntu users a FAI package,
> that is ready-to-go, without the need of changing the configs too
> much. Or without the need for changing them at all.

I agree.

> If we like to do this, how could be handle this in the build process
> or in the git tree? First let's make a list of files of the FAI
> sources, which may be different to those in Debian.
>
> I guess it's:
> conf/nfsroot.conf

This is the one we must adjust. This should be handled during the build process. -> TBD in the other mail.

> conf/sources.list

I was hoping to fix this using classes.
conf/sources.list/jessie
conf/sources.list/wheezy
conf/sources.list/squeeze
conf/sources.list/trusty

> examples/simple/files/etc/.../FAISERVER
>
> Any diffs in conf/NFSROOT?

The dracut and the kernel stuff. Again, I think we can fix this with classes.

Morty

--
Dipl.-Ing. Moritz 'Morty' Struebe (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter)
Lehrstuhl für Informatik 4 (Verteilte Systeme und Betriebssysteme)

Tel   : +49 9131 85-25419
Fax   : +49 9131 85-28732
eMail : struebe at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
WWW   : https://www4.cs.fau.de/~morty